A technical support position doing web development, consulting or full-time after completion
of classes in August.
- July 1998-October 1998
- Internet Recruiting at Tellabs,
- Support recruiting staff by carrying out internet searches for resumes to
match positions within the company. Also helped to automate the process
by creating and maintaining several databases using Access 97.
- Independent Web Development Consultant
I can operate PCs, Macintoshes, Sun SPARC stations, NeXTs, can use UNIX
(C-shell and Korn-shell) which includes SunOS, Solaris and AIX, as well as MS-DOS, MacOS,
Windows from 3.x through NT, and have some experience with Novell Netware 3.11 and 4.1.
I've written programs in Visual Basic (versions 4 & 5), BASIC, C, and C++.
Delphi, SQL, VBScript, ActiveX, Perl, and PILOT.
I'm also qualified to run and use many different word-processing, spreadsheet,
and database applications.
- Developing and supporting web pages and computer systems for a variety
of clients. Three notable examples include:
- July 9, 1997 - November 21, 1997: American Nuclear Society, LaGrange Park, IL
- Helping develop and maintain the ANS web site. Used Perl and C CGI tools
for maintenance, coded HTML - converted documents from other formats for web
use, created a channel for Internet Explorer 4.0
- Sept. 17, 1996 - December, 1996: Food Science Department, Purdue University
- Worked on designing web pages, assisting users, troubleshooting.
- August 1996 - December 1996
- Managed web pages for the Guru Java Coffeehouse at the Wesley Foundation
at Purdue University
- June 1996 - PRESENT
- Maintaining DaDa Online,
an informational website about Dada art, writing, and philosophy.
- March 1997 - Present
- Enrolled in part-time evening classes at the
College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, Illinois.
- Certificates of Completion Earned (with dates received):
- Visual Basic Language Proficency (March 1999)
- C Language Proficiency
- Database Proficiency
- Expected Graduation: Summer '99 with an Associates degree in Applied
Science for Computer Information Systems as an Applications Programmer, and an Associates of Arts degree.
- Also trying to get certified in Novell and NT networking.
- 1993 - 1996
- Undergraduate course work in science and engineering at Purdue University
(West Lafayette, Indiana) and the College of DuPage (Glen Ellyn, Illinois).
- April 1994 - Present
- Assistant Scoutmaster with Boy Scout Troop 133, Naperville, Illinois.
- Aug. 1993 - Dec. 1994
- Served on the Council on Ministries of the Wesley Foundation at Purdue University.
- November 23, 1993
- Earned Eagle Scout Rank.
- Fluent in German.