The Monsters Inc. Collector's Edition
is a 2 DVD set released in 2002.
Disc One contains the feature film, which can be selected in a "reframed" version for a
standard 1.33:1 television set, or the original 1.85:1 widescreen version.
The soundtrack is THX Certified, and available in Dolby Digital 5.1 sound.
There are also options for a "sound effects only" track, also in Dolby Digital 5.1, and
an audio commentary by Director Pete Docter, Co-Director Lee Unkrich, and Executive
Producers John Lasseter and Andrew Stanton.
Disc Two is the bonuses disc, which includes games, the famous outtakes, and two animated shorts.
Individual features are too numerous to mention (they're laid out very logically along four pages
in the enclosed booklet).
But from the Main Menu you can select:
- The Outtakes
- Short: Mike's New Car
- Short: For the Birds
- "Humans Only" menu, leading to behind the scenes information, including these topics:
- Monster File
- Music & Sound
- Release (trailers, tv ads, insight into their internationalization process, etc.)
- "Monsters Only" menu, leading to:
- Monsters Inc. Orientation
- New Monster Adventures (games and other clips)
- Behind the Screams