Doctor Who: Tomb of the Cybermen
Imported from the UK, January 2002 release. Cataloged as BBC DVD1032.
Released in the US and Canada by Warner Home Video on August 6, 2002.
The Region 1 version is available from
Disc is region encoded for regions 2 (Europe, Japan, Middle East, South Africa)
and 4 (Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America) and is in PAL format.
- Audio commentary by Frazer Hines and Deborah Watling
- Subtitles providing production information
- Introduction by Morris Barry, Director, from the 1992 VHS release
- Photo Gallery
- Behind the scenes film clip from the BBC's visual effects department
- Exclusive footage from a convention held after the return of the four
episodes on film to the UK from Hong Kong in 1992
- Unused tests of opening title sequence
- Behind the scenes 8mm footage from the end of the prior adventure, Evil of
- Main Menu:
- Doctor Who logo: Clicking on this gives the complete opening titles sequence
for the Patrick Troughton era. Returns to the main menu at the end of the
- Circle around Patrick (just to the right of the logo): Clicking this zooms
to a scene where Victoria is on watch duty and the Doctor wakes up to take
over for her. Returns to the main menu at the end of the scene.
- Cybermen heads (other boxes to the right of the logo): Appear only to
restart the video taking place during the main menu sequence. These are only
"red herrings" and not actual easter eggs.
- Audio Options Menu:
Note: While the BBC's Doctor Who Website
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/doctorwho/ reports that some people
who have received this disc notice the audio going a bit out of sync during the
first of the four episodes, I did not personally witness this.
- Doctor Who logo: Clicking on this gives the audio trailer for the
"Abominable Snowmen" episode, of which, to my knowledge, no actual film/video